MPS Systems B.V. (MPS) is a world renowned brand of high tech printing machines for labels and flexible packaging. Our customers print labels and flexible packaging for food and beverage, cosmetics, household products and security, among others. Our machines are developed and assembled internally from A to Z at our headquarters in Arnhem and sold worldwide with the help of an international network of our own branches and distributors abroad. Installation and after sales are carried out by our own service department, supported by an international network of service partners.
We do not only supply the best machine, but also work closely with our customers to achieve the very best results for the customer. We do this by analyzing the data from the machine and giving feedback to the customer, to help increase the customer's productivity. Our brand values; High Quality, Innovative, Curious, Deliberate and Dedicated help us to deliver on our promise to our customers: Connect to Grow.
We are expanding our service team with a:
Service & Performance Engineer EMEA
What you will be doing
As a Service & Performance Engineer you are responsible for the installation and start-up of our printing presses and the service and maintenance of our installed base. You are also responsible for training local technicians and operators so that they can handle the machines properly. You travel all over the world and are the face of MPS at the customer. A varied job, these are some of your responsibilities:
- Installing and training new machines
- Solving complex technical failures (mechanical, electrical and control) on site at customers
- Inspecting and maintaining machines
- Providing education and training to maintenance staff
- Providing training and instructions to operators on the use of the machine applications
- Assisting customers with their production process on the basis of data from the performance and lifecycle programme
- Drawing up service reports
- Providing technical support to the internal organisation
Who are we looking for
You have a MBO+/HBO work and thinking level and at least 3 to 5 years of relevant work experience. Preferably you have gained this experience in the machine building industry. You are flexible and proactive. Naturally, you have a hands-on mentality, are customer-oriented and have commercial insight. You are a technical troubleshooter who is willing to travel frequently. You can work independently as well as in a team and you speak good English, preferably a third language, in addition to Dutch.
To be successful in this role, you recognise yourself in the following
- Willingness to travel internationally;
- Thorough mechanical and electrical knowledge;
- Knowledge of control systems;
- Knowledge of PLCs and software programming;
- Knowledge of Servo systems, preferably Bosch Rexroth;
- Good communication skills, in word and in writing;
- Knowledge and experience of the flexo printing industry is preferred;
- LEAN© green belt certification is an advantage.
What can you expect from us
Within MPS Systems you will get all the space you need to develop yourself and to take your career further.
- You will be working in an international, innovative company with a healthy growth ambition, where you will get the space to grow along with the company. You will work together with enthusiastic hard-working colleagues with a passion for their profession;
- MPS pays an excellent salary (10% above the collective bargaining agreement for metalworking and engineering / CAO Metaal en Techniek);
- The fringe benefits are in accordance with the collective bargaining agreement (CAO), including 25 holidays, and ADV days (based on fulltime employment);
- A full-time (40 hours) position with a dynamic, international company that is developing rapidly, with a lot of responsibility and possibilities for your own input and ideas;
- Pension fund PMT (approx. 50% employer's contribution);
- Training period of 3 to 6 months within the organization;
- Active personnel association with a wide variety of activities;
- Company car, telephone and laptop.
Did you become enthusiastic after reading this vacancy? Great!
If you are looking for a versatile responsibility in an international technical and commercial working environment, we would like to meet you. Do you have any questions about this position? Please contact Reyer den Hertog at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to apply for this position, please send your curriculum vitae to email@example.com.